Monday, January 21, 2008

Stitch


For fun, decided to do an Illustration Friday project for the first time today (though it's a Tuesday - is that OK?). This weeks topic is 'Stitch', and I thought I'd turn the traditionally feminine, delicate art of embroidery into something that looks like hard work by a strong, muscular, butch little lady. She ended up looking quite cute and girly though - and she did put her make-up on! I did the lace by stencilling through a bit of scrap lace with a brush dabbed in some black shoe polish - was quite pleased with the way it came out.

6 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Comments posted for this entry are on my other blog - A Sketch in Time

Gillian said...

I'm happy to be the first "other" person (besides you) to comment on your new IIF blog! I do love this busy little woman with a big heart!

Cathy Gatland said...

Do you think I'm going a little blog-crazy? I felt like these illustrative pics didn't fit on a S.I.T... but this is becoming fairly time-consuming!

Gillian said...

I know - I can't stop going back to my blog several times a day - and I'm not even posting anything new! Viv asked if its all a bit self-indulgent...? But for me I think I NEED to be a bit self-indulgent in this area... its a great tool or platform to promote more creativity. And creativity is time consuming, time well spent. I think 2 blogs are VERY REASONABLE, but if you start a 3rd, I'll be worried!!

Corryna said...

Hey now I can see you are creative with fabric too LOL.

Cecile said...

Cool!